Products in Development
Evofem Biosciences is dedicated to developing and commercializing innovative products to address unmet needs in women's sexual and reproductive health. Evofem is leveraging its proprietary Multipurpose Vaginal pH Regulator (MVP-R)TM to develop product candidates for multiple indications, including contraception, the prevention of urogenital transmission of chlamydia and gonorrhea in women, and recurrent bacterial vaginosis.
Phexxi™ - an investigational candidate for the prevention of pregnancy
Phexxi is designed to offer unique attributes to fit a woman’s needs:
- Hormone free: for those who have a contraindication for or are uncomfortable adding hormones to their body
- Woman-controlled: empowers women to control over their contraception choice
- Use as needed: no need to take a pill every day or have an implant; can be used up to one hour before sexual intimacy
- Easy-to-use: self-applied contraception in an easy-to-use pre-filled applicator
EVO100 – an investigational candidate for the prevention of urogenital chlamydia and gonorrhea in women
It is designed to reduce certain vaginal infections by:
- Creating an environment that is a conducive to maintaining healthy vaginal flora but is detrimental to the growth and proliferation of harmful bacteria
- Using a different mechanism of action that may help to address drug resistance concerns
The Phase 2b AMPREVENCE study evaluating EVO100 for the prevention of chlamydia and gonorrhea met its primary and secondary endpoints, and EVO100 was generally safe and well tolerated.
Multipurpose Vaginal pH Regulator (MVP-R)TM for the prevention of recurrent Bacterial Vaginosis (BV)
It is in development to assess its ability to:
- Kill many BV-associated pathogenic bacteria which has been demonstrated in vitro data
- Balance vaginal pH, thereby supporting normal vaginal flora and eliminating odor associated with BV
These products have not been approved for marketing by the US Food and Drug Administration or any other regulatory agency.