Products in Development
Evofem Biosciences is dedicated to developing a portfolio of innovative therapeutic solutions to meet the evolving sexual and reproductive health needs of millions of women globally, including contraception, prevention of recurrent bacterial vaginosis and the prevention of urogenital chlamydia and gonorrhea in women. Our goal is to create woman-controlled, easy-to-use and accessible products. Because when a woman is in complete control today, she is in greater control of tomorrow.
Amphora® for the prevention of pregnancy
- Hormone free: for those who have a contraindication for or are uncomfortable adding hormones to their body
- Woman-controlled: empowers women to control over their contraception choice
- Use as needed: no need to take a pill every day or have an implant; can be used up to one hour before sexual intimacy
- Easy-to-use: self-applied contraception in an easy-to-use pre-filled applicator
Amphora® for the prevention of urogenital chlamydia and gonorrhea in women
It is designed to reduce certain vaginal infections by:
- Creating an environment that is a conducive to maintaining healthy vaginal flora but is detrimental to the growth and proliferation of harmful bacteria
- Using a different mechanism of action that may help to address drug resistance concerns
Antimicrobial multipurpose prevention technology (MPT) vaginal gel for the prevention of recurrent Bacterial Vaginosis (BV)
It is in development to assess its ability to:
- Kill many BV-associated pathogenic bacteria which has been demonstrated in vitro data
- Balance vaginal pH, thereby supporting normal vaginal flora and eliminating odor associated with BV
These products have not been approved for marketing by the US Food and Drug Administration or any other regulatory agency.