Evofem Biosciences is revolutionizing women’s sexual and reproductive healthcare with a first-in-class innovative hormone-free contraceptive.
Evofem’s mission is to empower women by providing products that give women the control and flexibility they desire.
Launched in 2020, FDA-approved Phexxi® (lactic acid, citric acid and potassium bitartrate) vaginal gel is a first-in-class hormone-free, on-demand prescription contraception that a woman can control.
Fulfilling a critical unmet need in the contraceptive space, Phexxi provides an FDA-approved localized option designed for women to use at their discretion 0-60 minutes prior to each act of intercourse.
Phexxi is a hormone-free birth control women have been waiting for.
Evofem is Leading a New Era in Women’s Contraception Targeting a Multi-Billion Dollar Market Opportunity
- Phexxi net sales increased in the second quarter of 2022 for the third consecutive quarter. The Company expects that third quarter results, due in mid-November, will continue this trend.
- Net product sales had already surpassed 2021 levels in the first half of 2022.
- Payers and pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs) continue to add Phexxi to their formularies, allowing women to fill their prescriptions immediately.
- The U.S. Department of Labor and Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) separately issued updated guidance in January 2022 that is intended to ensure women have access to all FDA-approved contraceptives, including Phexxi, at zero copay under the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Partnership discussions are ongoing for the commercialization of Phexxi in international markets.
Read Our Latest Press Releases
A Paradigm Shift in Contraception
23M+ women in the U.S. are not using a hormonal contraceptive.2
As the organic movement grows, society is trending in favor of more natural products and solutions. Women’s healthcare is no different. Many women are now opting for a non-hormonal, localized method of birth control.
Because Phexxi is a non-hormonal birth control, it is not associated with side effects like depression, mood swings and irritability. With Phexxi, women do not need to choose between their quality of life or contraception.
Taking hormones may not be right for some women especially for those with certain medical conditions including clotting disorders and most cancers, limiting their birth control options. There are approximately 800,000 new cases of cancer reported annually among women.3 Phexxi uniquely offers hormone-free, non-invasive prescription contraception.
2 Daniels K, Abma JC. Current contraceptive status among women aged 15-49: United States, 2015-2017. NCHS Data Brief. 2018; 327: 1-14.