Last Updated: June 18, 2020
At Evofem Biosciences, Inc., and our subsidiaries, joint ventures, and other companies under a common control (“Affiliates”) (collectively “Evofem,” “we,” “us” or “our”) we take your privacy and the security of your information very seriously.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy please contact us at [email protected]
The Policy describes the types of information we gather from people visiting our Site and from individual users (“you” or “users”) interacting with our Site and Services and how we use, transfer, and secure such information. By accessing our Services, you agree to be bound by this Policy. This Policy does not govern information we receive from third parties, unless specifically stated. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy, please do not use the Services. Each time you use any Services, the current version of this Policy will apply. Accordingly, when you use any Services, you should check the date of this Policy (which appears at the top) and review any changes since you last reviewed the Policy.
- The Information We Collect
We gather the following types of information about users:
- Personal Information: Information that is about, or relates to, an identified or identifiable individual, or that can be linked to that individual (such as name and contact information).
- Aggregate Information: Information that cannot be used to identify an individual (such as frequency of visits to the Site and browser type). Please note that we may convert Personal Information into Aggregate Information via one or more processes at our discretion.
- Categories of Personal Information
Collected and How Used
Personal Information You Provide Us
- When you use the Site, Evofem will collect the Personal Information you provide Evofem, if any, such as your name, home address, personal telephone number, personal e-mail address, company name, company mailing address, company e-mail address and company telephone number. We also may collect Personal Information that you provide us when you sign up for an investor presentation through the Site, when you contact us via e-mail for information or assistance, including the content of your e-mail.
- In the course of applying for a job with Evofem through the Site, you may provide certain Personal Information to Evofem. Such Personal Information could include your name, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth, government identification numbers, among other identifiers.
- Personal Information Collected
- How Your Personal Information Is Used
- We may use the Personal Information you provide us to contact you, provide support, operate and improve the Site, and respond to your comments and questions, and provide the Services, including functionality offered to investors.
- If you apply for employment with Evofem through the Site, we may use the Personal Information you provide us to process your job application and contact you.
- Personal Information collected automatically is used for the purpose of improving our Site, and to offer more relevant information and content
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- We may share your Personal Information with third party service providers, including cloud service providers, services that allow us to provide certain information to investors, service providers that assist us in communicating with those potentially interested in our products, and to help us with our business activities such as Site maintenance and employee recruitment. We include provisions within our contracts with these businesses to ensure that they: (i) use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us; and (ii) establish safeguards to protect the confidentiality of the information that we provide them.
- Categories of Aggregate Information
Collected and How Used
Aggregate Information may be collected when you visit use the Site, independent of any information you voluntarily enter. Additionally, we may use one or more processes to de-identify information that contains Personal Information, such that only Aggregate Information remains. We may collect, use, store, and transfer Aggregate Information without restriction.
- Our Site Not Available to Those Under 18
Access to and use of the Site are not intended for use by anyone younger than the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals younger than the age of 18. If you have reason to believe that an individual under the age of 18 has provided Personal Information to us outside of the clinical trial context, please contact us. We will take reasonable steps to investigate and if it is confirmed that we possess Personal Information of an individual under 18 years of age, we will delete the Personal Information. We may require additional information to confirm that the request is a bona fide request from an appropriate person concerning an individual under the age of 18, as allowed by applicable law.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on
your desktop, notebook or mobile device by a Site you visit. From
this we can, for example, recognize whether there has already been
a connection between your device and the Site, or which language or
other settings you prefer. Cookies may also contain Personal
Information, such as your IP address.
- Most browsers are pre-set to automatically accept cookies. You can change this setting by activating the setting *do not accept cookies* in your browser. You can delete existing cookies at any time. You can find out how this works in detail in the instructions of your browser or device manufacturer.
- You can learn more about cookies and how they work at www.allaboutcookies.org. You can opt-out from third party cookies that are used for advertising purposes on the NAI website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
- Some web browsers may be configured to send ‘Do Not Track’ signals to the Sites that you visit. Like many Sites, the Site does not alter practices when a ‘Do Not Track’ signal is received from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about ‘Do Not Track’, please visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your desktop, notebook or mobile device by a Site you visit. From this we can, for example, recognize whether there has already been a connection between your device and the Site, or which language or other settings you prefer. Cookies may also contain Personal Information, such as your IP address.
- Interest-Based Advertising:
- We may also participate in interest-based advertising using similar technology. This means that you may see advertising on our Sites tailored to your interests, or you may see advertising for Evofem and its properties on other websites based on your browsing behavior across websites. Some websites where we may advertise belong to ad networks that use your web browsing history to choose which ads to display on their network websites; these ads include advertising for Evofem and its Sites. Other websites where you see our ads, such as Facebook, may use interest preferences that you have chosen on those sites, to choose which ads to display to you. Some internet browsers, websites such as Facebook and mobile devices offer opt-outs for interest-based advertising. Please refer to the website that you are visiting, your browser and/or your device settings for additional information.
- You can opt-out of receiving interest-based ads from third parties who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance's Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/) and DAA website (http://www.aboutads.info/choices/).
- Nevada Users
Evofem is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while Evofem uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, Evofem cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Your Choices Regarding Your Information
- Third-Party Pages and Sites
As a convenience to our visitors, the Site may contain links to a number of Sites that we believe may offer useful information. The privacy policies and procedures described herein do not apply to such Sites or their content, or to any collection of your Personal Information after you click on links to such third-party Sites.
- Contact Us
- Visitors That Reside Outside the United
- Evofem provides its Sites for the purpose of serving interested parties within the United States, and our Site and Services are not intended, nor directed to anyone residing outside the United States. The laws governing the collection and use of information within the United States may be different from the laws of your country. If you decide to use our Services, or share your Personal Information with Evofem, you are agreeing to be governed by the laws of the United States as appropriate, and you are expressly consenting to the transfer of your data to the United States.
- Governing Law
- This Policy is governed by the laws of the State of California, U.S.A. without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law.